China is to donate an additional $30 million to the World Health Organization (WHO) to support the global fight against COVID-19, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said on Thursday(23).
U.S. President Donald Trump announced on Tuesday(14) that his administration is halting the nation’s funding to the World Health Organization (WHO), a move experts have warned against, as COVID-19 continues to take a toll globall
Meanwhile, china government has decided to fund addtionaly resolving deficeincy to the fund. Hua said on Twitter the donation was aimed in particular at strengthening developing countries’ health systems and added that China had already donated $20 million to the WHO in March.
Coronavirus update: Follow the latest news in our daily wrap.
She tweeted that “China has decided to donate additional $30 million in cash to WHO to support its global fight against #COVID19, in particular strengthening developing countries’ health systems. China already donated $20 million in cash to WHO on March 11”
Read more related news :-HavelockMagazine/Popular Stories